The outdoor advertising industry is constantly looking for new ways to make it more difficult to avoid commercial pitches when we venture into the urban environment. Here are a few cutting-edge ways that companies want to use to grab our attention and persuade us to buy products and services.
- Clear Channel’s Branded Cities—A Sign Company’s Vision of the Urban Future:http://www.brandedcities.com/
- Billboards that look at you and determine your gender:http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10266755-1.html
- Flogos—appropriating the sky for advertising:http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/business/2009/06/22/Best.Biz.Ideas.Flogos.cnn
- World Wide Weave—Turning Architecture into Dynamic Advertising:http://www.gkd-ag4-mediamesh.de/index.php?id=441&L=1
- Using i-phones to interact with billboards:http://mobchina.blogspot.com/2009/06/iphone-interacting-with-outdoor-media.html