This rusted, graffiti-marked billboard with sagging ad copy brings CBS Outdoor a step closer to being crowned “Eyesore Purveyor of the Year.” The billboard, on Sunset Blvd. in the Silverlake area of Los Angeles, is approximately 350 ft. from a church on adjacent Griffith Park Blvd. What is the relevance of that fact? CBS Outdoor is a member of the Outdoor Advertising Association of America, which has a voluntary code of practices prohibiting billboards advertising alcohol or tobacco within 500 ft. of schools, playgrounds, or established places of worship.Dennis Hathaway
- Getting it Wrong: An Open Letter to L.A. City Councilman Mitchell Englander (and his PLUM committee colleagues)
- Coming Attractions: New Digital Billboards on L.A. City Streets?
- Failure to Get the Memo: New L.A. Bus Shelter Ads With Guns
- Alcohol Ads on Billboards: Marketing to Youth?
- L.A.’s Digital Billboard Debate: It’s the Revenue, Stupid
- Movie Ads, Gun Violence, and Smokey the Bear
- Billboard Company Lobbying: Half a Million in First Quarter of 2016
- Digital Billboards: Planning Commission Says NO, Council Committee Says YES