Continuing its quest for the crown of Eyesore Purveyor of the Year, CBS Outdoor presents this beauty on Venice Blvd. Or is it a witty statement about the Angels’ flop in the recent American league playoffs? In any event, the company reported a $35 million loss for the 3rd quarter of this year, so expecting it to comply with a sign code requirement that billboards without advertisements be covered with a clean, blank surface is clearly unreasonable.Dennis Hathaway
- PLUM Committee to Sign Companies: “Romance Me & Finance Me!”
- Billboard Relocation: Latest Plan to Unleash Digital Billboards in L.A.
- Orwellian Logic: When Illegal Signs are Really Legal
- Getting it Wrong: An Open Letter to L.A. City Councilman Mitchell Englander (and his PLUM committee colleagues)
- Coming Attractions: New Digital Billboards on L.A. City Streets?
- Failure to Get the Memo: New L.A. Bus Shelter Ads With Guns
- Alcohol Ads on Billboards: Marketing to Youth?
- L.A.’s Digital Billboard Debate: It’s the Revenue, Stupid