The California legislature has approved a pilot program to test digital license plates. The plates would be allowed to display ads while cars are sitting at red lights or otherwise stopped for a period of time. The video below is only a simulation. The exact size and appearance of the plates hasn’t been determined.
- Orwellian Logic: When Illegal Signs are Really Legal
- Getting it Wrong: An Open Letter to L.A. City Councilman Mitchell Englander (and his PLUM committee colleagues)
- Coming Attractions: New Digital Billboards on L.A. City Streets?
- Failure to Get the Memo: New L.A. Bus Shelter Ads With Guns
- Alcohol Ads on Billboards: Marketing to Youth?
- L.A.’s Digital Billboard Debate: It’s the Revenue, Stupid
- Movie Ads, Gun Violence, and Smokey the Bear
- Billboard Company Lobbying: Half a Million in First Quarter of 2016